Library cardmembers may borrow most library materials for 21 days. All items except for devices and new items can be renewed if no one else is waiting for them. You may borrow a variety of items, including books, magazines, movies, audiobooks, and more. You can borrow up to 25 items at a time, subject to the following:
|ITEM TYPE||DAYS||RENEWALS||LIMITS (25 total)|
|Audiobooks||21 days||3 renewals||limit 8|
|-New Audiobooks||21 days||0 renewals||limit 2|
|Books||21 days||3 renewals||limit 25|
|-New Books||14 days||0 renewals||limit 2|
|-New Juvenile Books||14 days||0 renewals||limit 2|
|Cake Pans||7 days||1 renewal||limit 2|
|Devices||7 days||0 renewals||limit 1|
|Games||7 days||1 renewal||limit 2|
|Kids’ Kits||21 days||3 renewals||limit 8|
|Magazines||7 days||1 renewal||limit 8|
|Movies||7 days||1 renewal||limit 8|
|-New Movies||7 days||0 renewals||limit 2|
|Music||21 days||3 renewals||limit 8|
|Video Games||7 days||1 renewal||limit 2|
You may return items to any Navajo County Library District member library. Please be careful when returning fragile items, such as devices, by returning them directly to library staff.
There are no fees to borrow library materials; however, if you return items past the due date, we will charge you the following extended use fees per item, per day:
- Devices and equipment: $1.00
- Interlibrary loans: $0.50
- “New” books, audiobooks, and movies: $0.25
- All other materials: $0.10
Sign in to your account to see if you have any fees. If so, you can pay at the library or online through PayPal:
How to find items
We utilize Unique Management Services (UMS) to recover overdue library materials and fees. Our system will automatically submit unpaid accounts based on the following schedule:
- 7 days past due: We send the 1st notice for library materials.
- 14 days past due: We send the 2nd notice for library materials.
- 21 days past due: We send the 3rd and final notice for library materials.
- 45 days past due: We send a bill for lost library materials.
- 60 days past due: We send your account to the collection agency if your account balance is $25 or more. We also add a non-refundable $10.00 service charge to your account, which covers the cost the collection agency charges us per account. Over the next 120 days, the collection agency will make multiple attempts to contact you to request the return of the library materials and the payment of any outstanding charges.